When you do major changes such as upgrading your kernel you might want an easy way to rollback any changes you make.
You can create a snapshot of your VPS which exists for 48 hours allowing you to easily roll back your VPS to when the SnapShot was taken.
To create a SnapShot
- Login to the https://portal.controlmyvps.com.au using your email address and password
- Click on 'VPS Management'
- Select the desired VPS from the drop down list box and wait for it to load
- In the 'Snapshot' window choose to 'Create Snapshot' (note you can only have one snapshot, so if you already have one you will need to delete it first).
- If you want to roll back your VPS to when the snapshot was taken choose 'Restore Snapshot'.
Note: If you restore a snapshot it will roll back your VPS to the state it was when the snapshot was taken, this action is irreversible.